Friday, February 6, 2009

back at home

Finally got home in the early hours after a changed flight and some awkwardness... "these things are sent to try us" and sometimes they succeed.
Sorry for the 'radio silence' of the last few days. Haven't had my laptop during midwinter (youth pastor is studying and needed it for notes). Back online now, though, and I'm going to try to bring my hurriedly scribbled observations to order over the next day or so.
It was great to meet people. It was particularly good to meet Matt N, Chris W, Adriane, Jeff O, Jeff R, Jim B and the Rasheeds. What a phenomenal testimony to God's faithfulness and redemptive power! I talked to most of you about the idea of a Songwriters' Fellowship - apparently others had written to Katie Martinez or the Worship Connection blog about a similar idea. 
I've seen such a Fellowship working very well in the Sovereign Grace churches. While I was in the Ev Free I benefitted from their encouragement, even while not being part of their denomination. They have mentored a whole next generation of songwriters to better standards of musicianship and theological integrity, and they recognise this in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment