Tuesday, May 5, 2009

a fun time in York PA

One of the things I'm really enjoying about the Covenant is the 'collegiality' of my fellow enthusiasts for Christ. Last week gave me more shining examples; people who are - well, just lovely individuals, trying to follow the savior, recognizing their own weakness and finding His strength.
Each (in their own way) trying to make the most of the talents we've been given, seeking to encourage one another and give all the credit to God. These are the ones I enjoy meeting; we derive great joy in collaboration and wish we could work and play together a little more often...
but then it's back to the several places God has put us. I remember seeing my children (years ago, now) worn out after playing with cousins or other friends from afar; wishing these people were around more, but exhausted from having so much fun. That's me right now - and to those who were involved in the AGM experience last week: Thanks. It was really a fun time!
We may be discovering more about why God invented church...

3 comments:

  1. Its great to see your really enjoying the collegiality of the conference. I've heard many fist hand accounts that this is a very unique conference in that area. I know the feeling of getting together with those great folks and not really wanting to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God invented Church and then people went and invented Religion. How wonderful it is to be a part of the Body of Christ- to know others who love Him more than anything, to commune with Him in worship and prayer and service, to be used by Him to accomplish more than we could ever do on our own. If only we could somehow get the word out that Church and Religion are not at all the same thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful image you gave...the children of God, wearing themselves out playing in His yard - I'm so totally borrowing this for a sermon. So glad you had a great time (I did, too!).

    ReplyDelete