Thursday, January 28, 2010

Conscious Dependence on the Holy Spirit, Centrality of the Word...

You have called me (Learn to love You more)
Geoff Twigg
©Marks of Christ


You have called me to a life
Of sacrificial love
To reach beyond emotion
To commitment and devotion
You have called me to be true,
And in faith to follow You
To count my life as loss
See the Crown beyond the Cross

O Lord I need Your Spirit and Your Word
To light my way and make my steps secure
And though I have not loved You as I should
I will learn to love You more


As I kneel in humble prayer
In Your grace, You meet me there
A thirsty soul restored
In communion with my Lord!
Sweetest hours I’d gladly spend
With my Savior and my friend
That Your light in all I do
Leads the world to honor You

Oh fill me with Your Spirit, speak Your Word
To strengthen, make my failing heart more sure
And though I do not love You as I should
I will learn to love You more


O thank You for Your Spirit and Your Word
Come sanctify my life and make me pure
For though I do not love You as I should
I will learn to love You more

No comments:

Post a Comment